Monday, April 9, 2012

Peeta Mellark inspired nails.

I've been on a huge Hunger Games kick the past few days, and since today I decided to get my nails done, I thought why not get something to reflect my current obsession? I had 2 colors picked out and sitting on the table as she did my nails, trying to decide. I had chosen out a light pink/purple that reminded me of Primrose, and an orange, or should I say sunset orange, that reminded me of Peeta. I finally decided to go with Peeta since my nails were pink to begin with, and on my way home had the greatest idea! You will find out in Catching Fire that Peeta gives Katniss a pearl, something very special to her that carries through the rest of the series. I had some extra pearls from when I made my deco cell phone case, so decided to glue them onto my thumbs. Simple, pretty, and symbolic of the story. I love them! Even though to 99.9% of the population will only see them as orange nails with pearls, I see them as something much more amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment