Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Bleach painted tank







Going off of my last post about my Hunger Games kick, I decided to do another fun craft! I made my own tank using bleach and a simple, black tank I got at Forever 21 for $5. I used 100% bleach, no watering down necessary. Make sure you put a piece of cardboard between the front and back to prevent bleeding through. A cheap paint brush from Walmart will due. You can free-hand it, which I have done with another tank, or use stencils like I did. White chalk is a great way to practice your design too. Now all you need is a design. I decided to use a famous quote from Mockingjay, the third book in the series, "You love me. Real or not real?" The back side of the tank says, "Real." This is such a fun, easy and totally inexpensive craft. It's great because you can literally draw whatever you want. It doesn't have to be a quote, but I'm no artist, so I stuck with something easy. When the shirt is dry, which only takes about 30 minutes, but you can let it sit longer, you are free to wash it. Here are a couple fun pictures, I still have a little bit of chalk left on mine, that'll go away once you wash it.

No comments:

Post a Comment